Saturday, September 20, 2008

Close Seconds ...

Wow! Sometimes I am just flabbergasted by things that happen in SL. But then I think life is full of ups and downs, why would SL be the same?

Yesterday it came to my attention that one of my pieces was very similiar to a piece in another store. In fact, it was so close that the creator of this second store, at first glance, thought it was a copybot creation. I obtained a picture comparing the two. I have to admit, they were CLOSE! Apparantly a sculptie texture I had used (which had been given to me in a folder of freebie sculptie textures) was one her Master had created himself and had never sold or given permission for anyone else to either. Of course, I pulled the item out of my store. I refuse to be a part of an onslaught of people "copying" other people's work espeically when I work as hard as I can on my own creations.

With that said, I also realize there are going to be some similarities when it comes to certain things because that is just the nature of building and selling. So I won't pull everything from my store that someone says "Oh, so-and-so has something like that". But I am always willing to look at things, compare and see what would be best for my store and my credibility.

I take pride in building all of my things from scratch, my imagination, photos I have taken real-time and of course, my vision of Gor. That's the whole purpose of my store ... to enhance your roleplay, not copy someone else's work.

For now I've pulled two sets of pillows from my store as they used this tassel sculptie texture but I WILL be redoing them and re-releasing them in the next couple of weeks.

Keep roleplaying and keep being true to you!

~ais

No comments: