Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Medieval Style Fighting Arena


Through a mutual friend and a Master that I've known for at LEAST the past 5-6 years, I had the opportunity to build an arena for the Alika Sao Weaponry sim. The owner, Danna Ewing, wanted to put one up in order to increase traffic AND offer a place for her customers to spar, use their new weapons, and host events in the near future. This was an AMAZING opportunity for me so I wanted to honor the design layout she already had on the sim and be true to my own building style.


With this in mind, I immediately started thinking of arenas that could inspire me and the first thing that popped into my head was the movie "A Knight's Tale". At first, the ending tournament arena came in mind but then I realized not only was it "too upscale" but it would be majorly prim heavy (not to mention the fact that I am a prim whore to begin with!). So then I suddenly thought of the arena in the opening scene in which we were introduced to the GREAT 80's music that permeated the movie but also the characters. So with that scene in mind (and a quick looksie on my copy of it on DVD), I got to work!


Be sure to stop by the Alika Sao Weaponry sim to check it out and then tp to my main store to get your copy!

No comments: